So you’ve come up with an exciting vision for a new incredible app! You may be asking yourself, “What now”?
Tradebox Media assists with app development scoping exercises to ensure your company fully realises the application’s potential.
The first phase of the mobile app development process is what we at Tradebox Media call ‘scoping’. App development scoping exercises are usually carried out through one to one sessions with your company. Scoping helps us discover the various details that will combine to create the app which your customers need.
The activities undertaken in our scoping sessions include:
- Investigating similar apps currently available on the Apple App store and the Google Play Store to fully understand how these apps work and people use these apps in their day to day lives
- Inspecting relevant industry specific reports to provide an overview of the current landscape of mobile applications and your industry
- Running stakeholder engagement sessions, or focus groups to best ascertain your audience’s needs in an application
Following these research and focus group sessions, two documents will be produced: a cost benefit analysis and a developer brief. Read more about our process here!
During the scoping process, together we’ll be answering questions such as:
- Who is your app user?
- How much will this project cost?
- What are the end goals for the app to produce?
- How will the app integrate with other systems in your business?
- And most importantly, what experience are you wishing to present to the user through the app?
Asking all of these vital questions upfront in our scoping session saves your company time and resources throughout the project. At Tradebox Media, we guarantee an ongoing dialogue with your company about the goals of the project as well as how we can help achieve these goals. By scoping at the start of the app development process, together we will create a better product with better results for your company!
Get in contact with us!
If you would like to talk to us about usability testing on an application you are currently working on, or one that is currently publicly available, send an email to [email protected] or fill out the form on our contact page and someone from the team will get back to you.